Friday, November 30, 2012

Syntax Humor and a Mini Blog Sale

I'm hoping to have this written and posted in less than 10 minutes, so you'll have to forgive my relative lack of wordiness and the complete absence of photos.

Thing 1:
I have a few things I bought during Sephora's VIB sale that didn't work out for me, but that I don't want to return because then they'll just be thrown out and I would rather them find new loving homes, even though it means losing money (I'm such a makeup bleeding heart, Jesus). SO, I figured I would try seeing if any of you want them before I return them. All prices are negotiable, and we can talk about shipping if there's anything you want. I don't have photos yet, because I really have no time to do anything except OMFG WORK WORK WORK, but I can take photos if you are interested in something. (I know, this is the most pathetic/worst-organized blog sale in the history of ever. You're welcome, world.) Also, all "% remaining" estimates are underestimates, because I wanted to be sure I didn't promise more than is there, but consider them all to have (sometimes a lot) more than the stated amount.

NARS Smudgeproof Primer: I really liked this, but found something else that's cheaper and works as well, so I don't need both. I used it less than 10 times on bare, clean eyelids; 90%+ left. $16 (regularly $24)

SOLD Hourglass Opaque Rouge Empress: A truly fantastic shade for a vampy lip, and I love the matte finish, but it dried out my lips something terrible. Others have not had this issue, though, so don't let that scare you off! I wore it 3 times and swatched it once on my arm; 90%+ remains. $20 (regularly $28)

NARS Sheer Lipstick in Cruising: Lovely nude pink sheer lipstick, but it also dried out my lips. 85%+ remaining. $14 (regularly $24)

Too Faced Shadow Insurance: I used this for months, and it worked fine but didn't keep my shadows from creasing entirely. Have found another that works better, but there's still SO EFFING MUCH of this left. Like, I can't even tell I've used any, but to be on the safe side, we'll say 50% left. $6 (regularly $18)

Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet + liquid foundation in 20: A little too dark for me, didn't control my oilies much at all, and SHIT I ONLY HAVE 1 MINUTE LEFT. UM. This one I was just going to return but then I thought hey, maybe someone reads the blog who uses this and would love to get it for cheaper. 90% left, $25 (regularly $36)

Email me if any of these pique your interest, beyondjustbeauty at gmail dot com. And again, prices are negotiable. I hate sending makeup to its death. Warning, though: I definitely won't get these shipped until after the term is done, so no earlier than Dec. 7, and likely not until Dec. 10. All packages will come with yummy nuts and candy, though!

Thing 2:
I'm writing a paper on child acquisition of language (in particular, particle verbs in German), and came across this quote in one of the articles that just makes me giggle every time I read it:

"A boulder is a ROCK? ... TWO names?! <incredulous> ... Is 'boulder' a LAST name?" (Zack, 3;3, as cited in Goldberg 2005:93)

CHILDREN ARE SO FUNNY. (I get to spend my time coding transcripts from this little German child, and they are just hilarious. In one, she's like, "I want that cat to go away, and while I'm waiting on that, I'm just gonna take off my clothes and play in the mud." Logic, she haz it.)

Damnit, this took me 15 minutes. GOOD BYE.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...