Friday, November 2, 2012

Fragrance Friday

So, I didn't post one of these last week, because I was sad. And this one is rather paltry, because I had my stats midterm on Thursday and didn't have time or energy to write about many perfumes. But I will try and catch up for next week! Because I've got a lot of perfumes to yammer about...

Piguet Bandit (Chypre Floral: aldehydes, orange, ylang-ylang, bergamot, galbanum, gardenia, artemisia, neroli, tuberose, rose, jasmine, violet root, carnation, coconut, musk, patchouli, leather, civet, oakmoss, vetiver, amber, myrrh): This is the new version, which has still been received quite well by the perfume community. It's a leather chypre (though look at that list of notes! what the heck!), which is distinctly chypre from a distance, but I get armpit from up close. Major musk going on up in there. I have only worn it dabbed, though, so I'll have to see how it performs sprayed.

By Kilian Rose Oud (Oriental Woody: rose, oud, saffron, guaiac wood), Diptyque L'Ombre dans L'Eau (Floral: rose, cassis, black currant, bergamot, orange, musk, ambergris): These are both just gorgeous rose perfumes. They're really different from each other, but I'm discussing them together because they are both roses I love. Rose Oud is rose and oud, unsurprisingly. The oud adds depth to the rose and softens any screechiness, the rose adds sweetness to the oud, and together, they make beautiful music. By which I mean, they smell delightful. And last forever! L'Ombre dans L'Eau is a watery, green, delicate rose, exquisitely beautiful and delicate. It smells like rose and rain to me, and while it doesn't last very long (about 6 hours on me, and my skin tends to grip perfume like sticky glue), it's so gorgeous while it does that I don't even mind. I would gladly purchase full bottles of both of these, if my finances allowed it (L'Ombre dans L'Eau is more attainable in that regard than is Rose Oud, ha).

By Kilian Good girl gone Bad (Floral Fruity: rose, osmanthus, jasmine, tuberose, narcissus, cedar, amber): I really hate the capitalization on the new Kilian perfumes. Why would you do that to us, Kilian? Why?! GggB (lolz) is my favorite out of the new In the Garden of Good and Evil scents, but that's not to say I like it. It's floral, and okay, but there was something about it I just didn't like (though I wore it 2 weeks ago, so I can't remember what). It's going into my giveaway drawer.

Chanel Coromandel (Oriental Woody: citrus, neroli, bitter orange, orris root, patchouli, rose, jasmine, musk, woods, benzoin, olibanum, incense, vanilla): Last time I said this is like Ambre Sultan. What a fool was I! Yes, it's amber, so it bears a resemblance to Ambre Sultan, but Coromandel is less rich, more delicate and layered, with really lovely top notes (patchouli and citrus and florals, yum). It's not as smothering as Ambre Sultan, which makes it a much more wearable amber, though a single spray still lasts 12+ hours. I would say this is my favorite out of the three ambers I have, and I would gladly wear it with abandon. Another I wouldn't mind having a bottle of...

By Kilian Cruel Intentions (Oriental Woody: orange flower, bergamot, rose, violet, guaiac wood, oud, papyrus, vetiver, musk, sandalwood, styrax, vanilla, castoreum): Wore this again because it was rated so highly on Fragrantica, and because I was hoping to get some rose this time around. It's there if I squint, but on me, Cruel Intentions is primarily berry and red fruit. Bummer.

Looking at this list, I see a lot of Kilian, which is definitely not a representative sample of what I've worn the past couple weeks, but sometimes it works out that way, I guess! The only Kilians I've really enjoyed are Rose Oud and Beyond Love, which is probably for the best since they're so stupid expensive. What have you been wearing?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...