Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

There are many things I am thankful for this year. I am thankful for my family, as always, for being wonderful, loving, supportive people. I am thankful for my friends, both near and far, for putting up with my numerous shortcomings, for making me laugh and think and play, even when they're 3000 miles away. I'm thankful for the internet and cell phones for making it possible to stay connected with those I love and miss, and for letting me create new connections, for frabbits and giggles. I'm thankful for professors who challenge me and understand when I come up short, for fellow grad students who suffer along with me, for shared library systems that allow me to find the books I need for free, for students who make me laugh and challenge me to be a better teacher, for online freely available corpora, for being at a university that embraces the weird and pays for my education. I'm thankful for disposable income, due for the most part to the generosity of my family, and the luxury of being able to buy myself pretty things that comes with that. I'm thankful for perfume and makeup for cheering me up when I'm blue, for other blogs for inspiring me, for Calvin and Hobbes for always, always being appropriate. And, of course, for all of you, for reading and commenting and supporting. I am so grateful to have you all in my corner.

I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...