Friday, April 26, 2013

Sweet Anthem Perfumes Mini-Reviews, Part II

I ordered a new camera, and even sprung for a pretty nice one––it's only money, right? I figured it might be nice having one that can take legitimately good pictures when I'm in Europe this summer. Once it arrives, I will get to swatchin'! For now, have some perfume reviews, which need no photographs.

Sylvia (cedarwood, champagne, mistletoe, osmanthus, tuberose): "Champagne" is a very apt note to include in the list, as Sylvia just tickles the nose. She's floral and aldehydey, but unlike many aldehydes, she's not sharp or forceful––the champagne just adds fizz and happiness to the delicate floral base. It's really fun and pretty, and perfect for spring.


Ayn (blackberry, hollyberry, rosemary, sage): I have no idea how, given that notes list, but Ayn smells like spiced apple cider! Delicious, though perhaps not very Ayn Rand-ish (I've never read Atlas Shrugged, but the people who love it tend to be people I hate, so...).

Linda (black pepper, cassis, chocolate, gold, leather, raspberry): Very, very gourmand. Sweet, chocolatey, but with a bit of dirtiness, probably thanks to the leather. Not my favorite, but I don't hate it, either, and I like that it doesn't go cloyingly sweet on me.


Nicolette (honey, mandarin, myrrh, orange blossom, pomelo, white amber): Kind of reminds me of Sylvia, actually, and Lucille as well. There must be something in the Sweet Anthem florals that I'm picking up on. It's nice! Isn't soapy on me, which is a frequent issue I have with orange blossom, the honey makes it different, the amber grounds it, and, while it's not listed, I definitely smell some "champagne" which gives it lift.

Unfortunately, all of these are out of stock, but as before, I hope this gives you some idea of what you might be able to expect from the brand. These are all well balanced, interesting perfumes, and I definitely plan to go to their retail location the next time I'm in Seattle!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...