Sunday, October 20, 2013

Shu Uemura Rouge Unlimited in PK 375 Quick Review and Swatches

This is the other Shu Uemura Rouge Perfect I picked up back when they were half price and I had a coupon. I already reviewed BG 935, which I liked in spite of the short wear time, because the color is so easy to wear and flattering. I had hoped that PK 375 would be a good fuchsia (apparently forgetting that I already have a fuchsia, and picked up another when I was abroad, but that's another issue entirely).
Left to right: MAC Hot Tahiti, MAC Candy Apple, Lipstick Queen Cosmos,
Lipstick Queen Thriller, Shu Uemura PK 375
Unfortunately, I find that PK 375 is too warm to be considered fuchsia on my skintone––it's a far cry from the "medium berry–cool undertone" that Shu claims it is, but it's very pretty nonetheless. The shimmer finish means it's less creamy and has a thinner texture, so it uses less per application (I measured and everything!), which is a point in its favor. The finish also makes it slightly drying on my lips, which is unfortunate.
Immediately post-application, no time for drying to start!
It's quite pretty, but I don't think it's unique enough to keep; the color is similar to Lipstick Queen Cosmos but the finish less flattering. Into the giveaway pile it goes! I'm sure I'll be able to find a better home for it. Grade: C- (due in large part to the high price)
$30 for 0.11 g, available from Shu Uemura

What do you think of PK 375? 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...