Saturday, June 1, 2013

Sunscreen Saturday: Josie Maran Argan Daily Moisturizer SPF 40

I managed to snag one of Sephora's Sun Safety kits, as I knew I would be going abroad this summer and wanted portable sun protection. I'm wearing several of the included sunscreens (though not all, as I don't have time!) before I go so that I can make sure they behave well with my skin. The first one I tried was Josie Maran's Argan Daily Moisturizer SPF 40, which I shall tell you about today.
via Sephora

The bad: it smells like fake fruit. Why, Josie, why?! Also, argan oil is pretty far down the ingredients list, so I'm not sure how much of an effect it actually has.

The good: everything else. It's lightweight (the texture is a liquidy gel, if that makes any sense), absorbs quickly, doesn't break me out, doesn't increase my oiliness, plays well with primer and foundation. Everything about it save the smell is excellent for my very oily skin. I suspect it wouldn't be quite moisturizing enough for those with dry skin, but who knows? It's also only physical sunscreens, no chemicals, which is bad for photographs (white cast, though honestly on my skin I'm not sure how noticeable it would really be) but generally good for skin.

This one is coming with me to Eurasia! And I would consider buying a full size when I run out, though of course, I have to work my way through about 10 other samples first...but seriously, if you can get past the smell (which fades in less than a minute), this is a really great foundation for those of us blessed with overactive sebaceous glands. And at $32 for 2 oz, it's not too painfully expensive for high-end sunscreen, though if you want a smaller size, you can get 0.5 oz for $14 (which is a total ripoff ounce-for-ounce [$28 vs. $16] but I thought I'd mention it nonetheless). Available at Sephora

Have you tried Josie Maran's sunscreen? What's your favorite sunscreen? Do you prefer physical or chemical protection?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...