Friday, March 15, 2013

Fragrance Friday: Springing Spring

Daphne blooming in our front yard:

Smells like heaven. Floral, sweet, very citrusy. I want it as a perfume. Until I find that, I've been making do with the floral perfumes in my collection, including Parfums de Nicolaï Odalisque (very pollenish and dirty and floral and green and way better than I'd had it as being stored in my memory), Diptyque L'Ombre Dans L'Eau (another green scent, with a gorgeous watery rose), Serge Lutens A La Nuit (supposedly jasmine, but I get a ton of lilac, which is definitely not a bad thing), and L'Artisan La Chasse aux Papillons (fleeting and beautiful). Plus, of course, the gorgeous-beyond-words Carillon pour un Ange.

As a pick-me-up during the day, I've been dabbing on Pacifica California Star Jasmine and French Lilac solid perfumes, which are subtle and so, so pretty. They all go wonderfully with the sunny, warm weather we've been having (when it's not been overcast and/or drizzling, that is). Haus of Gloi's Something Hopeful sugar exfoliant (sakura blossom green tea, mandarin, plum, jasmine) is the ultimate springy bath product, and the sugar and oils are a gentle yet effective exfoliator and moisturizer on my eczema-y arms, and their Litchi Milk Tea pumpkin butter (litchi, black tea, coconut milk) is a calming, sweet fruity tea that I've been putting on as hand cream before bed––pretty and moisturizing!

Has spring hit you yet? What scents are you gravitating towards? Have you smelled daphne/do you know of any good daphne perfumes?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...