Monday, December 16, 2013

Manicure Monday: Guest Post

S, another of my besties from college, has offered to do a guest post for Manicure Monday, on a great cheap polish. Enjoy!


I used to hate nail polish, but I've started liking it lately. There's something appealing about being able to choose a color and change it whenever you want. As a friend of mine said, "It's just the right amount of change. More permanent than lip gloss and less permanent than dying your hair or something."  I was looking for a cheap, dark nail polish and got NYC's Long Wearing Nail Enamel Plaza Plumberry at Target. It was less than a dollar, and I have to say that I'm pretty impressed. I really love this color. It's a very dark reddish-purple that looks black in low light. I can't stop looking at my nails! My only complaint is that the brush seems to gather a lot of polish, and that it can go on pretty thick and imprecisely. It seems like NYC nail polishes can be hit or miss, and I'm really glad this isn't streaky like some others I've tried. 
artificial light

The pics are of the polish with 2 coats. It looks more purple with just 1 coat. 
natural light
Have you tried Plaza Plumberry? I plan to pick it up the next time I'm at the drugstore––one can never have too many vampy polishes, don't you know, especially at this price point. Thanks for sharing, S!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...