Saturday, May 11, 2013

Introducing: What's It Worth?

Hi! It's been pretty much forever since I've posted anything (and even longer since I've posted anything beauty-related!). I have tons of stuff I want to share with you, but simply don't have the time to post every day, so you can look forward to seeing new stuff for the next couple months!

I'd like to start my posting blitz with something not-so-beauty-related: a mg scale. I read Brightest Bulb in the Box, written by a science nerd (highest praise!), and you should really read it too. Go. Now. She posts frequently, her reviews are hilarious and expletive-laden, and her sciencey information posts are very enlightening. But anyways. One time she posted about how many swipes are in a lipstick, which she measured by weighing lipsticks before and after application on a mg scale. At the time, I did not have a mg scale, but mentally made a note to pick one up, because I thought it was such a good idea. I love precision! I've been migrating towards natural skincare, including diy vitamin c serum, which benefits from precise measurements, so I decided that was a good enough reason to get one (the fact that it was less than $20 on Amazon helped).

Gemini 20 x 0.001 g scale via Amazon, where I bought mine


Mine only weighs up to 20 g (0.705 oz), so I can't weigh many of my products on it (anything in glass, for example, is too heavy, and most of my high end makeup is very weighty), but I've been playing with things that I can weigh, from which I figure I can extrapolate. That brings me to my newest page feature: What's It Worth? Featuring the number of uses, and cost per use, of some of my products. These should be used as an estimate only, as the amount I use could be different than you, and similar products likely have differing densities, but I think it's fun anyways! Right now, it only includes a few products, all lippies, but I'll be adding to it over time. Head on over and check it out!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...