Friday, May 17, 2013

Becca Beach Tints in Watermelon and Fig Review and Swatches

During Sephora's sale (I'm a little behind the times, shush), I picked up the Beach Tint Duo mini tubes in Watermelon and Fig after reading Liz's review; while she found Fig to be too light to be worthwhile, I figured it might be a nice neutral blush on my pale skin, and Watermelon is just the prettiest, happiest pink. I don't tend to gravitate towards cream blushes because I dislike getting my fingers blushy, and the process of rubbing it into my cheeks turns my skin red and therefore makes it very difficult to see how much I have applied, so I also picked up the Real Techniques Stippling Brush to use with them.
They're adorable, you guys.

Happily, I am a huge fan of all three products. Watermelon is, as advertised, a lovely warm, cheery pink, and it gives a pretty flush to my cheeks. For this one, on my skintone, less is more! So the tiny tube I have will last me nearly a year worn every day (which, hello, I'm not gonna do––variety is the spice of life and all that). I've also worn it on my lips, but I don't like it as much that way; it's slightly drying, and it takes much more product to get enough pigmentation for me to deem it worth the effort. As a blush, though, it's pretty stellar, lasting all day (10-12 hours) on my oily skin.
unblended; this is about twice as much as you need for both cheeks

blended!

and the stain that was left after having them on my arm for approximately 45 seconds. Tenacious!

Fig is a very nude pale pink that is a super natural blush on me, excellent for a "no makeup makeup" look. It's also pretty foolproof, as it's not as pigmented as Watermelon, so I can apply it with less care, though it also takes a bit more product to get a good effect. Like Watermelon, it lasts all day, and I haven't even bothered trying it on my lips (I have Becca Gisella for when I want a nude lip!). It's great for my OV (original vampire) skin, but I think it would be pretty pointless for anyone much below NC/NW15 (I'm somewhere between NC5-10).

And what would a BJB post be without ridiculous pictures of me?
The boy was photographer

And decided to take continuous pictures

Of which these are a sampling.
(Wearing Watermelon on my cheeks
and lips.)

Fig on my cheeks (it's there, I promise!),
Neutrogena Sunny Berry Lip Sheer on lips,
unsightly glasses noseholder marks on nose.
via Real Techniques,
because I was too
lazy to clean mine

The Real Techniques Stippling Brush is excellent for application of these cream blushes; I squeeze out a dot onto my palm, dab the brush onto it a few times to transfer some pigment, then pat it on my cheeks and blend it out. It also works really well for sheerly applying powder blush––with my complexion, I'm wondering why I didn't get one of these years ago! (I'm cheap, that's why.)

All in all, I'm very pleased with my purchases. I could frankly do without the fragrance of the Beach Tints––watermelon smells like watermelon candy, and Fig smells like bubble tape bubble gum––but it fades pretty quickly.





Overview
$16 for 2 x 0.14 oz, available from Sephora (each individual Beach Tint is also available full sized, $25 for 0.24 oz, which is the only way to get the 6 other shades)

Quality: 9
Effectiveness: 4.5
Ease of Use: 4 (I find powders easier, so sue me)
Senses: 4 (scent seems unnecessary, and slightly drying on the lips)
Pigmentation: 4.5
Duration: 5
Consistency: 5
Price: 3.5 (each is only $8!)
Value: 5*
Grade: A-/B+

*It takes, on average, 0.012 g of product to apply as blush on both cheeks (similar amount on lips, slightly less for Watermelon than Fig), which means these mini tubes have 331 applications each and cost $0.024 per wearing.

Have you tried any beach tints? What did you think?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...