Tuesday, September 9, 2014

ModelCo Eye Shadow Trio in Smokey Eye Review and Swatches

Another eyeshadow palette! This one was a gift from Larie, and fills the black-smoky-eye hole in my collection.
The trio comprises three shadows, a shimmery pale pink-leaning cream, a dark sooty shimmery charcoal, and a matte black.

In the pans, the grey and black look very different, and even swatched on my arm they retain some uniqueness, but I find that applied, they both just look super dark. This is probably partly because I'm really pale, but I would find it a more versatile palette if the charcoal were a few shades lighter. I find I have to build very gradually and do a lot of blending with the lightest shade (which isn't completely opaque, so isn't completely effective at lightening over-applied black, as I learned the hard way) to not feel like a raccoon. Still, the quality is good; all shades are soft and pigmented, and they last all day over primer (I never wear anything on bare lids).
this is it softly applied
ditto
Black smoky eyes on me are really dramatic, so I don't use the palette too often, but I'm really glad to have it for those occasions that warrant dramz!
Dramz minimized here in this Larie-sponsored
FOTD; wearing LMdB Echo on cheeks,
MAC Viva Glam V on lips
ModelCo is an Australian brand, but you can order from their site in the US (and receive 20% off your first order by signing up for emails). $26 for 0.24 oz, available from ModelCo

Have you tried any of the ModelCo trios? How do you feel about black smok(e)y eyes?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...