Thursday, October 4, 2012

Revlon Lip Butter in Tutti Frutti Review and Swatches

Another Lip Butter! This one I got because I felt I should have an orange lippie, even though I tend to look atrocious in orange, and even though the whole tangerine craze is rather done now. I'm rather behind the times––though I will say I was wearing leggings as pants when I was only 6 years old. (That doesn't mean I approve of the practice nowadays.)
One swipe Tutti Frutti

Tutti Frutti is a sheer orange lipstick, with the same texture as all other cream-finish Revlon lip butters. The color can apply a little patchy/streaky because of the sheerness and brightness, but I find blending it in with my finger resolves that problem. Swatched on my arm, you can see that it's really a true orange, with Sweet Tart being a pure pink and Chamade a nice warm pink-red.

Left to right: Guerlain Chamade, Revlon Sweet Tart, Revlon Tutti Frutti

On lips, it ends up looking pretty similar to Chamade, thanks to my natural lip color peeking through, but it can be layered to be a brighter orange if so desired.

Tutti Frutti on lips

Overall? Not a necessary color for me, but I'm glad to have it in my stash, and it's a good choice if you're looking for a wearable orange for cheap.

(As an aside, I always forget how much I hate Revlon's ads until I happen across them in a magazine. Overly photoshopped, to the point that I'm not always sure which celebrity spokesperson is supposedly in the ad––what's the point of using famous people if you edit them to the point that they don't look recognizable?! Ugh.)

Overview
~$7.50 for 0.09 oz, available from drugstores

Quality: 8
Effectiveness: 4.25 (not as moisturizing as they claim)
Ease of Use: 4
Senses: 5 (basically unscented and tasteless)
Pigmentation: 3.75
Duration: 3.75
Consistency: 4
Price: 4
Value: 4
Packaging: +0.5
Grade: B

Do you have any orange lipsticks? What do you think of Tutti Frutti?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...