Monday, January 2, 2012

Change of Plans

My trip to DC has been, in a word, disastrous. Getting here was a nightmare (missed my flight because I'm an effing idiot, had to stay overnight in a Denver hotel), and today the boy broke up with me, when my return flight isn't until Thursday. I'm crashing at a friend's apartment until tomorrow morning, when I'm going to try and fly home standby, since with the holidays and everything there aren't any open flights. Needless to say, life isn't so good right now, and I cannot wait to be at home so I can curl up in my own bed to cry. I don't know when I'll get back to regular blogging, but I hope you can forgive me. Thank you for your understanding, and I hope your New Year has gone better than mine :-)

ETA: Well, there were no flights/free seats available until Thursday, so I'm staying at a nice hotel near the airport til my original scheduled departure. King size bed, nice tub, breakfast buffet and hors d'ouvres, and all I want to do is go home. May try and find someplace to indulge in some retail therapy tomorrow, but I think today I'll just rest and try and get somewhat caught up on sleep.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...