Friday, September 9, 2011

Fragrance Friday: Gucci Flora and Dior Miss Dior Cherie L'Eau Mini Reviews

For a link to the overview for this series, click here.  Today's offerings are both florals, but not really very similar beyond that.

Gucci Flora
Flora Eau de Parfum
image from here
This fragrance came out in 2009 and has been pretty popular since then.  I don't know when I got my sample vial, but it was awhile back.  After spritzing it on for this review, I realized why I still have an almost-full vial: it smells horrible on me.  Sickeningly sweet and overbearing, it's like a bad fragrance spray that people keep in their bathrooms to cut down on stinkiness (this is an observation made by my mother, and I wholeheartedly agree).  I hated it so much that I tried to wash it off after half an hour, but was left with the pungent remnants on my arm for the rest of the evening, thanks to it being an eau de parfum.  I can't say if it changed or mellowed any over time, since the soap and water undoubtedly messed with that, but I can say it didn't really change from the opening to the heart (unfortunately).  Given its popularity, though, I think I'm in the minority here, so don't let my opinion stop you from giving it a sniff!  Here's the fragrance pyramid should you wish to see it.
$60 for 1 oz, $85 for 1.6 oz, $100 for 2.5 oz, available from Sephora and Amazon (cheaper from the latter)



Dior Miss Dior Cherie L'Eau
Miss Dior Chérie L'eau
image from Sephora
This one I liked much better, but that's not to say it was great.  It had more green notes to it than Flora, but it wasn't very vibrant (had to get up close to smell it) or complex.  I liked it, I just wouldn't pay $85 for it ($5 more, and you could get the far superior Chanel Chance eau fraiche), not least because I would get bored with it far before I could used up 3.4 oz.  Here's the fragrance pyramid.
$85 for 3.4 oz, available from Sephora and Amazon (the latter link is for 1.7 oz)

Have you tried either of these perfumes?  What did you think?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...